Hi! I’m Sophie.
Welcome to my little corner of the internet, where I inspire and help women to love their life.
Not sure if you’re in the right place? Take this simple quiz:
Do you wish you could…
- Stop being a Shouty Mummy?
- Have 5 minutes for YOU once in a while?
- Wave goodbye to your nagging side?
- Enjoy time with your other half again?
- Stop worrying about what others think of you (and your parenting)?
- Learn to love yourself, warts and all?
- Experience happiness and fulfilment in your everyday life, without making drastic changes?
- Make a difficult decision and know it’s the right one?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then I’m delighted to tell you – you should definitely be here 🙂 Read on to find out how you can learn to love your life…
My number one aim is to help as many women as possible, the world over, to love their life, no matter what shape it takes.
How do I do that?
First of all I have tons of free ways you can learn how to get the most out of your life:
- Weekly blog posts with tips, resources, advice and more
- Weekly newsletters where you can read all the juicy bits I don’t share online
- Numerous freebies including my 10 day guide to falling (back) in love with your life and my video guide to decision-making and facing your fears
Need a bit more than that? No problem. Join my Love Your Life Club and become a LYL-er (pronounced Lila)! For less than the cost of a weekly coffee you get:
- A regular kick up the a** email to make sure you’re not just drifting through life
- A 24/7 private online community of LYL-ers where you can safely ask questions, share wins, rant, brag or whatever else you need to do
- A totally anonymous forum where you can ask your most private, embarrassing or sensitive questions in complete confidentiality
11 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ME (including my work with the Russian Mafia)
(Want to know more about me and/or this website? Head over to my About page)
- I’m a talkative (over) sharer- you have been warned!
- I’m a mum to 2 daughters: I had my first daughter in France, where I lived for 12 years, and my second daughter in London, where I lived for 5 years
- I’ve been a stay at home mum, a working mum and a work at home mum, in 3 different countries and in 2 different languages and cultures (English and French)
- I’ve been married to a Frenchman (Ben) since 2003, and we love each other crazily and drive each other mad in equal measures
- I have been an employee and an entrepreneur. Ben jokes that I’ve done every job except prostitution, here are some of them:
-> teacher, barmaid, writer, cleaner, childminder, waitress, PR manager, shop assistant (in a book shop, newsagent’s and Argos – those in the UK will know what this is), translator, cold caller, blogger, children’s author, envelope-stuffer, sandwich-stuffer, interpreter (I once interpreted for Jeremy Clarkson in a BBC programme about the Russian Mafia in the south of France), PA to a global vice-president, mentor, Panasonic call centre service representative (back in the day when this took place in the UK), account director in a digital marketing agency, Managing Director of my own luxury travel agency, public speaker, online trainer and more
- I have been blogging since 2007 – you might know me from my longest-running blog, Franglaise Mummy, which I started in 2012
- I am a non-coach. I will always be super honest with you and it starts here. I do what most people class as “coaching” but which I call mentoring or teaching and I am not a qualified coach. I have helped tons of people over the years – friends, family, neighbours, colleagues, blog readers, friends of friends – with all sorts of issues, but I am not a coach.
- I love, love, love people. I love meeting new people. I love spending time with my people. I love hooking people up (for friendships, relationships and business). I love helping people. BUT…
- I also love retreating to my cave, seeing no one, speaking to no one and curling up with a good book. I’m an avid book worm and read around 50+ books a year: half fiction and half non-fiction. Please do shout if you’ve got any good book recommendations for me!!
- I’m passionate about helping others and giving back – to find out more, go to my Charity page.
- Last but not least, in 2015 my family and I decided to move from London to the tropical island of Mauritius (in the Indian Ocean, east of Madagascar) where we have been living happily since 🙂 But in case you’re wondering, I am British.
If you want the long “Who is Sophie?” version click here
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT ME
“Sophie has a knack for making you feel so much better, no matter how bad things seem, she will share an idea or an experience to help you see things in a totally different light, and before you know it your negative has become a positive.”
Tracey, English Teacher l France
“Sophie shares her own experiences with such honesty, explaining what she learnt and how she puts that into practise to love the life she now lives. You can’t help but be inspired to do the same.”
Karin, Creator of Embrace Happy community l UK
“The idea of loving the life I live is all quite new to me, as a busy working mum to three children I never really allowed myself the time to think of me. Sophie has made me stop and rethink the way I live my life and the way I look at things, making me a happier, more grateful person, wife and mum.”
Georgia, Co-Owner of restaurant, Les Palmiers Chez Dev l Mauritius
“Sophie is someone who always makes you see the good in life, this a rare quality to have I think. She’s a natural optimist and you find when you spend time with her, you start to feel more optimistic yourself. She’s always encouraged me to overcome my fears and she’s a huge believer in feeling the fear and doing it anyway which is something I now try and live by.
Sophie is a wonderful force for good and and I would recommend anyone to talk to her if they’re struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel!”
Becky (Sophie’s cousin – full disclosure!), Freelance Editor l London, UK
FREE 10 Day Guide to Falling (Back) in Love with Your Life
Life feeling a bit meh or totally FML? Grab yourself this free guide and fall (back) in love with your life in 10 days!